Careers in


Play Video



Administrator (NHA/RCA)

The Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) in a skilled nursing center or the Residential Care Administrator (RCA) in an assisted living community is responsible for overseeing daily operations and management of the entire facility to ensure it is in compliance with all state and federal surveys requirements. NFA/RCAs are also responsible for census development, resident/patient care, positive employee relations, and implementing facility programs.

Education & Experience Administrators must obtain a bachelor’s degree. Although there are some pathways available for those without a degree. After submitting an application to the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses and completing a six month Administrator-in-Training (AIT) the candidate must then complete a course and pass the licensing exam. Scholarships for individuals pursuing educational training for Health Facility Administrator/Residential Care Administrator licensure are available.

Salary Average

Licensed NHAs and HFAs must obtain at least 20 hours of continuing education annually. Licensed RCAs must obtain at least 12 hours of continuing education annually.

Next Steps
Regional Director of Operations

 So, is it time to find your life’s work?

If you are willing/able to work in a nursing facility or an assisted living community

Start Here